1.10.2015

2014 in Review Part 1

Weird year for video games:

Delays. 
Bugs. 
Hype. 
Anticipation.
Expansions
DLC
or no games.

I found myself working on the backlog of games throughout the year and I'd like to dive further into each of these titles in a better blog format, but for now... Here's the list of games I was able to finish in 2014-


Fire Emblem Awakening
Tearaway
Pokemon X
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worldss

And that seems like a surprisingly short list. I got stuck in some larger games this year with the return to some MMO's in my gaming rotation. MMO's are designed to take your time and they did. 

Games that I played this year include the following:

Metal Gear Solid
Dragon's Crown
Child of Light
Dragon's Dogma
Etrian Odyssey IV
Fantasy Life 
Bravely Default
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest X (!)
Fez
Terra Battle
Monument Valley
LuftRausers
Guacamelee
Warlords of Draenor

There are some interesting titles on that list I have to admit (and lots of titles with the word Dragon). An MMO game, an import, iOS games (?!), and some portable indie titles made their bid for my attention this year. And while it seems like I'm in the final 25% of each of these games, I just can't settle down to finish them off. They return to the backlog list, and when I can, I'll finish them in 2015.

Expect a follow up to wrap up my experiences of 2014 in the next part. 


No comments:

Post a Comment