6.03.2013

Animal Crossing New Leaf OMG

We are six days away from the release of Animal Crossing: New Leaf! OMG. 


I know I'm not the only adult excited about this game... and to be honest this game seemingly defies all notions of what I enjoy in a video game. When I first played Animal Crossing: City Folk I was hooked. This game scratches a weird itch that makes me want to collect everything. Kind of in a World of Warcraft kind of way... I'm not sure how to describe it. There are about infinity amounts of stuff to get and collect.




Here's a comic that I drew a while ago describing every time I played Animal Crossing:


This game caused cartridge shortages in Japan. For reals- upwards of over 3 million units sold. They couldn't make them fast enough and I'm excited for that. On the surface the game seems like a simple kids game, but it is a complicated real time monster. More chores. More furniture to collect. More funny neighbors. More music. More bugs and fish to collect. Holidays. Timed events. Crazy amounts of content. Enough to fill the 528 page guide:


As the mayor of the town you get to decide things. I'm going to set the town to a late night schedule to make it possible to keep shops open. That was one thing that bothered me in the older game, shops would be closed by the time I got home from work because everything is in real time. There's lots of user created content that can be shared via QR codes. That stuff is everywhere since the game has been out in Japan since last year. There's so much stuff!


Go here for some Animal Crossing Wallpapers if that's your thing:


Don't forget the special edition 3DS XL. It looks cool, and it is currently the only white model 3DS in the US. Here's hoping for more special editions to come over here.

I can't wait to pay off my debts to Tom Nook.

Get it all here: Animal Crossing Stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment