5.06.2013

days have passed

It's not that hard to see that I haven't been blogging as much these past few weeks. The main culprits being a combination of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Dark Souls. Two games I will never never finish but enjoying the crap out of nevertheless.

Monster Hunter 3U is comfort food for me. Like I mentioned before, it isn't the easiest game to get into, but once you do it is some great fun. I'm concentrating on getting different armor sets and getting around the larger monsters without dying. I think I've made it about as far as I did in previous Monster Hunter games, which isn't very far, but I don't feel as helpless as before. I've only scratched the surface.

Then there's Dark Souls. I don't know why, but I just can't get the hang of that game. I'm too impatient, I'm too reckless, and that means that I die over and over. I get the to the point where I just quit in frustration, and by the time I come back I have to start over because I don't remember where I'm at.

Dark Souls is ingenious with the amount of nooks and crannies to explore. Everything is hidden in plain view. The game also has this incredible vertical structure that has you winding up and down staircases and ladders. Before you know it, you're back to where you started. The game is unfair at times, but it is so good that I'm determined to get to the end this time.

Am I the only one that's having a hard time with Dark Souls? It seems like everyone I know has already beaten the game, or at least they say they have. I really want to get through the game into New Game+ before Dark Souls II is released. Who knows if I will. I'm back to where I quit a few months ago. Maybe I can muster a different strategy or different route around all the terrible fear that awaits me. I just gotta get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment