3.11.2012

Quickie

I'm going to finish a game this week. That's a promise. No more distractions.

But in other big news:


SEGA's MMORPG Phantasy Star Online 2 is coming to the PlayStation Vita.



The sequel looks amazing, with its combination of sci-fi and fantasy that's made Phantasy Star an original series from the start. What makes this better is the fact that you can play the game both on PC and Vita. I've been wondering when someone would tackle the first real portable MMORPG. I like to play rpg's, but I would like the option to play them on portable system. Even when I played World of Warcraft, the closest thing to portable for that were crude tablet computers or netbooks. If the video confirms how seamless playing Phantasy Star Online 2 is on the Vita and PC... I might be sold. If Sony would confirm a Monster Hunter or Dark Souls, that would seal the deal

I havent' really played any of the Phantasy Star games, but since I got a Dreamcast not too long ago, I've been wanting to play the first Phantasy Star Online game (though now it involves a complicated process). It was a cutting edge game, that had interesting features that allowed you to play with players all across the globe (this was back in 2001). There was a universal translator to communicate with other players in Japan for crying out loud. Official servers went dark a few years ago, but there's a private server or two for folks that want to play the original game

No comments:

Post a Comment